Special Offer: Accommodation for 2 guests with Breakfast & Wi-Fi – Only 1500 THB/night
(from 1700 THB)
For any enquiries, please contact us Tel. +66 83 155 2929, or Email: info (at) baansiriporn.com
Amphawa Floating Market
The most popular floating market in Thailand!! An afternoon floating market by the canal near Wat Amphawan Chetiyaram (Parking area is available). On Friday during 03.00 p.m. – 10.00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday during 12.00 p.m. – 10.00 p.m., the Amphawa Canal is occupied by vendors who pack their boats with food and drinks, such as fried sea mussel, noodles, coffee, O-liang (iced black coffee), sweets, etc. There are also things for sale on wheelbarrows on the bank. Visitors can enjoy a cosy atmosphere and music broadcast by the community members, explore the market, have food, and hire a boat to watch firefly at night for 60-80 Thai Baht per person.
Just 7.9 km or 14 minutes of driving from resort.
Firefly watching at night
Popular Activity! Firefly or Hing Hoi are insects with sparkling light at their bottoms. This species can be used to indicate the exuberance of nature and environment. Firefly can be found in the area near river or canal that the environment is good enough. You may take a boat to watch firefly at Amphawa Floating Market for 60-80 Thai Baht per person or if you are travelling as a group, you may decide to use our River Tour Service read more.
Wat Amphawan Chetiyaram Temple
Wat Amphawan Chetiyaram is located near King Rama II Memorial Park. This temple belongs to the Bang Chang family. It was constructed by Princess Phrarubsirisopharkmahanaknari, the mother of Queen Amarintharamat. The area behind this temple was the residence of Luang Yokkrabat and Khun Nak. It is believed that area about the position of the chedi at present of Wat Amphawan is the place where Khun Nak gave birth to a son (Khun Chim) who later became King Rama II.Later, Wat Amphawan was renovated by King Rama III, IV, and V. At present it is a second class royal monastery. The beautiful main building and precious antiques inside the temple are of an early Rattanakosin period architectural and arts style.
Just 8.6 km or 15 minutes of driving from resort.
King Rama II Memorial Park
This park was built under the project to honour King Rama II. In the park, there are many places of interest including King Rama II Museum – 4 buildings built in traditional Thai architectural style. The museum displays the ancient art objects dating back to early Rattanakosin era, the lifestyle of the Thais during King Rama II period. Other attractions are: Ho Klang (main hall) houses the statue of King Rama II and artefacts. Ho Non Chai depicts the Thai men lifestyle. Ho Non Ying depicts the Thai women lifestyle. Chan Ruean (corridor) depicts the traditional Thai style house. Kitchen and Bathroom depicts the traditional Thai kitchen style and bathroom of the middle class. Furthermore, there is an out-door theatre, a botanical garden containing various species of trees found in Thai literature, shops selling local goods and various kinds of fruit.
Just 8.7 km or 15 minutes of driving from resort.
Bang Kung Camp
Visitors will firstly see an imitation wall built in memory of the battle. Here is a historic navy camp site. Following the second defeat of the Ayutthaya kingdom in 1767, King Taksin the Great moved the naval force to set up camp in the district of Bang Kung since Mueang Mae Klong (the city of Mae Klong) was in the way used by the Burmese army. The camp site was left deserted for almost 200 years. In 1967, the Ministry of Education established a boy scout camp on the site to celebrate King Taksin the Great, and also built a shrine as a memorial to the king. The ceremony to raise the shrine was held on 20 June 1968. Within the camp compound, there is the Ubosot (ordination hall) commonly called as ?Bot Luangpho Dam,? which was built in the Ayutthaya period. The hall is wholly covered by four species of ficus plants: Pho (Bodhi), Sai, Krai, and Krang. Therefore, it is also called ?Bot Prok Pho? (ordination hall covered by Bodhi trees). The monument of King Taksin the Great is in the nearby area.
Just 12 km or 24 minutes of driving from resort.
The Church of the Virgin Mary
This church is a holy worshipping place for Christian families living around the area. It was constructed in 1890 A.D. by Father Paolo Salmone, a French Missionary. The construction of the church took 6 years. Built in French Gothic architectural style. The windows are decorated with stained glass. Within the church, there is a Statue, a pulpit, a holy water basin, various kinds of candelabra, and carvings depicting various historical points in the Bible.
Just 19 km or 28 minutes of driving from resort.
Don Hoi Lot
This famous tourist attraction of Samut Songkhram is a bar on the mouth of the Mae Klong River. It was formed by the sedimentation of sandy soil called by villagers here as ?Sai Khi Pet.? The bar of 3 km wide and 5 km long covers two zones: Don Nok is on the mouth of Ao Mae Klong, accessible by boat; and Don Nai is located on the beach of the Chuchi village in Tambon Bang Chakreng and on the beach of the Bang Bo village in Tambon Bang Kaeo, accessible by car. In the area of the bar, there are many shellfish, such as Hoi Lot (razor clam), Hoi Lai (undulated surf clam), Hoi Puk (Ridged Venus clam), Hoi Pak Pet (tongue shell), Hoi Khraeng (cockle), etc. Hoi Lot is mostly found here and it has become a landmark of this place.
Just 7 km or 14 minutes of driving from resort.
Thaka Floating Market
Morning market The Tha Kha floating market takes place on the 2nd, 7th, 12th days of both the waxing and waning moon of the lunar calendar, and also operates on every Saturday and Sunday from 6.00 a.m. to noon. This is a rendezvous of vendor boats that carry local food, vegetable, and fruit for selling. Boat rental services are on offer for travelling to the villages and fruit orchards around Tha Kha Floating Market. Visitors wishing to go the Tha Kha Floating Market can go by car, taking the Highway No. 325 (Samut Songkhram – Bang Pae), take a right turn at Km. 32 and proceed for another 5 Kilometres You can also take the local buses servicing the Mae Klong Damnoen Saduak Route and the Tha Kha – Don Sam Route from the market in town in front of the Thai Military Bank.
Just 17.8 km or 26 minutes of driving from resort.
Railway Fresh Market
The market located at Maeklong Railway Station. Merchants set on the edge of the railway station, selling their goods. When train is coming, they immediately keep all of their goods quickly. Goods that selling in this market are fruits, vegetables, meat, fresh seafood which sold in inexpensive. It’s well-known market of villager around that location because of its good quality and cheap. The market open every day at 6.00 am to 18.00 pm. If you would like to see the train, please go to the market on the following schedule time 06.20 AM / 08.30 AM / 09.00 AM / 11.10 AM / 11.30 AM / 02.30 PM / 03.30 PM / 05.40 PM
Just 1.6 km or 4 minutes of driving from resort.
Chang-Eng Siamese Twins Memorial and Boat Museum. The statues were built in memory of Chang-Eng, the Siamese twins who made Thailand famous around the world. They stand in the middle of a broad ground decorated with trees and flowering plants. There is a large pond in the foreground. Furthermore, the biography of Chang-Eng, the Siamese twins, is on display in a hall. Chang-Eng, the Siamese twins were born on 11 May 1811, in Samut Songkhram. During 1828-1829, Captain Coffin and Hunter came to Mae Klong to conduct trade and they encountered the Siamese twins. They were allowed to take the Siam twins back with them to America and the United Kingdom for shows in public places where the life stories of Chang-Eng who were joined to each other at the chest were repeated again and again. Both of them lived a normal life to the age of 63. The name of ?Siamese twins? made Thailand famous worldwide.
Just 5 km or 13 minutes of driving from resort.
Wat Phet Samut Worawiharn Temple
Wat Ban Laem which once was a small and disregarded temple, prospered and was enlarged mainly from the donations made by the people out of their faith and from their merit making and worshiping Luang Pho Ban Laem. Later, this temple was promoted to the status of royal temple of the class Worawihan and was granted the name of Wat Phet Samut Worawihan by the King. To replace the lost alms-bowl of Luang Pho Ban Laem, Prince Phanuphanwongworadej presented a blue glass-bowl which can still be seen today. In the temple compound, there is a monk museum, exhibiting Buddha images, amulets from various periods, artifacts, antiques, and a pulpit from the Ayutthaya period.
Just 1.8 km or 5 minutes of driving from resort.